European Interdisciplinary Cybersecurity Conference
University of Stavanger, Kjølv Egelands Hus, Kristine Bonnevies vei 22, Stavanger, Norway
Complex network analysis for cybersecurity – CNACYS 2023
The Internet, the Web, on-line social networks and almost all interactions in the cyber space can be modeled as complex networks sharing untrivial topological features such as spareness, small-world feature, heterogeneous degree distribution and high clustering coefficient. Complex network analysis has raised a lot of attention in recent years in a wide variety of fields including social, technological, biological, and power-grid networks. A rich algorithmic arsenal is already available to gain insights from such networks including identifying influential or vulnerable actors, link prediction, anomalies detection, community identification as well as understanding and predicting spreading phenomena on such networks. This special session aims at providing a venue for sharing latest advances in applying complex networks analysis to cybersecurity.
The list of possible topics includes, but is not limited to:
- Complex network analysis for: intrusion detection, botnet activity detection, anomaly detection for network security and management, network traffic analysis
- Attack graphs modeling and application, graph-based threat assessment
- Multiplex et multilayer network analysis for cyber security
- Autoencoders and representation learning for graphs
- Network embedding techniques for network security and management problems
- Parallel algorithms for dynamic and large-scale complex network
- Network sampling and summarizing techniques
- Explainable Network analysis approaches for cybersecurity
- Visualization of dynamic and large-scale networks
Please follow submission guidelines for EICC 2023.
Submit papers using EICC 2023 submission system. Please select the "Complex network analysis for cybersecurity - CNACYS 2023" track when submitting your paper.
Paper submission deadline
1 Mar, 2023
24 Mar, 2023
9 Apr, 2023
Papers will be published by ACM in the EICC 2023 proceedings.
Special session chairs
Martin Atzmueller, Osnabrück University & DFKI (Germany)
Rushed Kanawati, Univ. Sorbonne Paris Nord (France)
Special Session Program committee
Martin Husák, Masaryk University (Czech Republic)
Maria Malek, ETIS, Cy University (France)
Hamida Seba, LIRIS, University of Lyon (France)