Invitation to Countries to Nominate Participants
The activity will take place from Wednesday, 13 October 2010 at 10.00 to Thursday 14 October 2010 at 14.00 at the Faculty of Crimial Justice and Security in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
The target group of the activity is:
- police officers and criminal investigators responsible for the fight against crime, if possible with particular regard to art crime and trafficking in stolen works of art; experts and trainers in the field.
We are pleased to be able to offer one or two seats for each participate country. Participants should present the current situation in their country on the topic.
Expectation of the organizer
We expect that each participant will prepare the presentation of the current situation in their country on the discussing topic (10-15 min) and that participants will be sharing their knowledge and ideas related to the topic under discussion with other participants.
If any participant country would like to present any practical examples from the discussing topic, please let us know, that we could include the presentation at the schedule.
Accommodation expenses will be the responsibility of the sending countries*.
We suggest you two hotels, but you have to arrange the accommodation by yourself:
- Hotel Park is nearby the Faculty, where the conference will take place
- City Hotel** is located in the centre of the city - the participants from the Interpol member countries have special prices
* you have to inform us in which hotel will you be staying (name, surname and the country), because the organizer will arrange the departure of participants from the hotel to the Faculty at 09.30 on the first day of conference
** if you choose the City Hotel you have to indicate this in the invitation response, because the reservation will be managed by our International police co-operation division
Lunch and coffee breaks will be served in the Faculty. Dinner will be eaten in the White Gallery in the building of Faculty.
Participants are not requested to wear uniforms. However, formal attire is requested during lessons and the closing ceremony.
Participants will be expected to arrive on Wednesday 13 October 2010. Unfortunately we can not provide you the transfer from the airport to the hotel or Faculty. But at the airport are numerous public transportation connections from the airport to the capital city Ljubljana.
There will be some reading material at the conference.
The course will be held entirely in English; Participants should have the adequate language skills.
The costs related to boarding (coffee, lunch, dinner) will be taken by the organizators budget. Travel expenses, accommodation and miscellaneous expenses will be the responsibility of the sending countries. Accommodation and meals expenses amount to € 100.00 per person per day.
Please find attached the following documents:
- Information on logistics
- Course Curriculum
- Invitation response (to be sent even in case of negative response)
You are kindly requested to return the completed Invitation Response form to Uršula Belaj.
Please be informed, that the deadline for completed invitation response forms is 10 September 2010, and the deadline for the completed registration form is 17 September 2010.
We look forward to receiving your nominations and to welcoming your officers in Ljubljana.